Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Atomic Eats - Cerritos, CA... featuring the Slummin' Gourmet!

So there's this little food truck gathering that happens every Wednesday night at the Babies R Us in Cerritos, across the street from the Target Greatland.

This has been happening since September, and since then has grown into this citywide tradition. I try to go as often as I can, though work (among other things like birthdays, life in general) tend to get in the way.

This group (Atomic Eats) sets up these events each week, bringing the finest gourmet food trucks from LA & the OC together in the Babies R Us/closed Office Depot parking lot.

And yes Cerritos (quoting one commercial) ... "take the 605 to South Street ..." (quoting another commercial). xP

Anyway, I absolutely LOVE this event simply for the fact that it is literally a 2-3 minute drive from my house. Honestly, if I wasn't Forever Lazy, I'd probably walk to Babies R Us!

On this specific occasion, I decided to have dinner with my friend, Mr. Nick Noell (aka. Kami Digital Media). He's a photography student at LBCC, and he's pretty awesome. Cosplay, street photographs, portraits, graffiti, etc. I've been talking to him a lot about my recent surge into food photography for any pointers, and he's been an awesome help.

Anyhoo, we went, we talked, we grubbed, and of course I took pictures of food type things.

It was delicious.

All the food I ate came from the Slummin' Gourmet food truck. On their website, their motto is "fancy without the schmancy" & honestly, they are right.

My dinner consisted of a lobster corn dog & a Kobe beef slider. Talk about your unorthodox surf & turf from a food truck! Both items were DEELISHUS. (yes that's improper spelling ... DEAL WITH IT INTERWEBZ!)

The pictures tell the tale, so you can make your own decision ... or just follow the truck on their Twitter, & you can try them yourself!

I loved their combo of fancy food delivered to you in a very unfancy way. It allows the masses to try delicious & glamourous flavors of 5 star restaurants at the convenience of a food truck in the middle of a baby store's parking lot.

::with a snooty voice & nose straight up::

"Mmm yes... I had the Kobe beef AND the lobster tonight at the Babies R Us. It was quite exquisite. Now I must return to my Rolls Royce and swing by the WalMart to partake in their 'rolling over' of prices...."
xP


DESSERT WAS GOOD TOO. Nick & I shared a crispy banana chocolate bread pudding which also came from the Slummin' Gourmet truck, and it was very yumtastical. It was served with a large scoop of vanilla bean ice cream, and it really hit the spot, especially on a cold evening in the middle of December.

All in all it was a fun time.

If you get the chance, check out Atomic Eats each week at the Babies R Us in Cerritos (address below), and follow the Slummin' Gourmet on Twitter to try their delectable goods.

Babies R Us
11540 South Street
Cerritos, CA 90703


That's it!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
WAIT.

You want to see my pictures, don't you? I almost forgot!

Well ... here's ONE (and the link to my Flickr too hehe.)



Enjoy the pix & keep on eating y'all! ^__^;;

No comments:

Post a Comment