Saturday, December 3, 2011

A new spot for Dim Sum?

So the parents and I usually go to lunch on Saturdays before I go to work.

At first they were thinking about getting some Mexican food, when my dad on a whim decided he wanted dim sum.

Our local spot that we used to go to (Happy House ... who I always felt was run by Triads, but that's a WHOLE OTHER STORY THAT I WILL WRITE ABOUT SOON) closed down, so we needed to find another spot to fill that gap.

My dad's sister (aka. my aunt) told us about this place in Artesia called Great Seafood Harbor. It's on Pioneer Boulevard, just past Little India.



So we headed there for lunch.

Parking was as atrocious as any primarily Asian parking lot. It was small, cramped, and people weren't parked straight AT ALL. Thankfully we found a decent spot & went to the restaurant.

There was a lot of hustle & bustle in the restaurant, which was good, because I knew the food was going to be fresh. My mom said it was because Happy House closed down. Either way, it was exciting to see all the carts walking around.

As soon as we got to our table (mind you, we haven't taken our seats yet) THREE carts with a large variety of tasty morsels came up to our cart to offer their succulent dishes.

Siu mai. Machang. Guylian. Har gow. Shrimp anything. YES YES YES.

The best thing my family & I ate: leek & shrimp potstickers. I should have taken a pic of this lady. She was pushing around this metal cart with a gas burner inside of it, with a flattop grill on top of that. Then on shelves above that, she had pre-steamed dumplings filled with fresh leeks, shrimp, & other seasonings just waiting to be placed on that hot griddle. When you order from her, she'll grab 3-4 dumplings & fry them up TO ORDER for you.

I'm a sucker for table service ... seriously. Those things were AWESOME.

Now ... is THIS place run by the Triads? I don't think so.... but I do think that they have their protection hehe.

Try it out if you can if you're in the area. Oh and another interesting note: on the weekends after 3pm all Dim Sum items are 50% off! No excuses now. xP

Great Seafood Harbor
18329 Pioneer Blvd
Artesia, CA 90701
(562) 860-7794


I took some pictures of the food we ate on my Flickr, so enjoy those too.

Keep on eating y'all! ^__^;;

1 comment:

  1. Joce....my family and I have been going to that place for the past 22 years! It was a ritual in my childhood every Sunday morning after swimming classes at CPE to stuff our faces at Seafood House (the name change was recent) and now I take my kid there for Sunday brunch :) My all time favorites are all the shrimp dishes and the pork spare ribs...YUM YUM! - Aditi :)

    ReplyDelete