Friday, December 2, 2011

Niko Niko Sushi - Cerritos, CA

Ok ... this LOOKS like my old school restaurant reviews, but it isn't.

Honestly, I didn't take the time to take notes of all the categories that I NORMALLY do, but I still wanted to write SOMETHING about the restaurant.

So ......... enjoy ......... please? ^^;;


----------------------------------------------

So my dad & I decided to head here for lunch. Normally my dad is off on Fridays, so he always offers to take us out to lunch. Ya know, good ol' father/daughter bonding times to be had. :)

Anyway, of course I agreed, since it was basically a free meal, with the added bonus of hanging out with my dad.

Now here's the thing: this restaurant isn't the GREATEST Japanese restaurant I've been too (I believe I haven't been to what I believe is the greatest just yet). It's ok for the prices at lunch, and the food is relatively decent, especially if you want Japanese food and you're on a budget.

Anyway, my dad & I went in today and got their 2 item combo bento boxes. They're a really good value, since you also get a salad & a soup with the meal (remember this, this comes into play later in my story).

He got the sashimi & the sea bass misoyaki combo, while I got the sashimi & pork tonkatsu combo. We exchanged general pleasantries like "have you started Christmas shopping?" or "are you happy that there's an NBA season again?" ... and before we knew it, my dad noticed another table who sat down later than us receive their starter miso soups.

We became curious & my dad asked a waitress if we were supposed to be receiving soups too. The waitress told us "No, that's extra." My dad & I looked at each other dumbfounded.

"Extra? No. That can't be right ... right?" So my dad double checked the menu, and in bold letters on the top of where the combo bentos were located it said "Bentos come with a salad AND a soup."

My dad told the guy with the crazy K-Pop hairstyle (aka. head waiter) about the situation, and he told us the girl we previously asked "was new to the restaurant," and he apologized.

We then received our bento boxes ... and afterwards we received our "starter" miso soups.

::sigh::

We ate, we paid, then we left.

Now, was it a completely terrible experience? No. I enjoyed the food I ate, and so did my dad. Does their wait staff need a major training revamp? HELL YES. If this girl was "new" she should have the menu memorized. Little things like "SOUP & SALAD INCLUDED" are somewhat important. Hopefully they'll learn ... eventually.

Here's a little nugget of trivia for you as well: this is the 2nd time that I've gone to Niko Niko and they've brought out the soup AFTER the entree. So ... training for the wait staff? Yeah. They need it BAD.

Will I eat there again? Probably ... but not till 2012. xP

No comments:

Post a Comment